59 posts tagged Trend watch
Trend Watch: Tall Black Boots
When it comes to boots, this fall is a season of extremes. In stark contrast to the ankle boot trend, we are seeing oodles of sky high tall black boots. To-the-knee and over-the-knee boots were seen at Alexander Wang, Proenza Schouler, Nina Ricci, and Givenchy. Sleek, sophisticated, and in that perfect shade of multipurpose black, these boots are definitely worth the investment.
1. Alexander Wang 2. Gucci 3. Dorothy Perkins 4. Tory Burch 5. Givenchy 6. Marni 7. Valentino 8. Balenciaga
Trend Watch: Quality Quilting
Formerly reserved for bed spread and hunting vests, quilted fabrics have found a new home in our closets this season. We saw quilted details at the likes of Chloe, Proenza Schouler, and Acne this fall. And with dresses, skirts, and sweaters all available in this insulating treatment, this is one trend we’ll be counting on to keep us warm this winter.
1. Chloe 2. Thakoon 3. Rachel Zoe 4. Kate Spade 5. Mulberry 6. Tory Burch 7. MSGM
Trend Watch: Hair Adornment
There was a noticeable trend on fall runways this year, and it wasn’t the bold fur, oxblood everything, or printed silk pants. Designers this season opted for simple, hassle free hair styles topped off with some sort of adornment. There were jeweled and floral headbands at Oscar de la Renta and Dolce & Gabbana, and show-stopping hair clips at Rodarte. We love this trend as a no fuss way to add a little sparkle to any holiday ensemble.
1. Dolce & Gabbana 2. BCBG Max Azria 3. Tory Burch 4. Lanvin 5. Oscar de la Renta 6. Anna P 7. Gemma Kahng 8. Kate Spade 9. Rodarte
Trend Watch: Pastels for Fall
This fall, designers have surprised us with an unexpected cold weather color palette: pastels. But these aren’t the Spring-y pastels that invade all the stores in April. This season we are seeing dusty, romantic colors that are more reminiscent of gingerbread frosting than of egg dyes. And with pretty pastels being featured by a diverse collection of designers like Oscar de la Renta, Moschino, Valentino, and Chloe, there is sure a piece for every wardrobe.
1. Chloe 2. Acne 3. Mulberry 4. Aldo 5. Madiyah Al Sharqi 6. Acne 7. Tory Burch 8. Jeffrey Campbell 9. Red Valentino 10. Chloe 11. Oscar de la Renta
Trend Watch: Bold Fur
Cold fall weather has officially settled in, and has us looking to this season’s coziest trend for warmth. Bold fur was one of the most pervasive trends on runways this fall, most notably at Michael Kors where we saw fur coats, bags, and trim. We love this trend as the perfect way to ward off the winter chill and make a bold statement.
1. Michael Kors 2. Alexander McQueen 3. Inverni 4. Barneys 5. Balenciaga 6. Camilla and Marc 7. Michael Kors 8. Brunello Cucinelli 9. Gucci
Trend Watch: Red & Blue
Across the country, Americans are heading to the polls to vote for our next president. This year’s highly contested race has inspired a slew of voting themed clothes, from “Rock the Vote” t-shirts to “Vote 2012” shoes. However, rather than buy pieces that you could not wear after today, why not channel the parties’ respective colors as you go about your civic duty. The person behind you in line may not agree with your political views, but they won’t be able to deny how great you look.
1. Banjo & Matilda 2. J.W. Anderson 3. Loft 4. Blue Nile 5. Cole Haan 6. Matthew Williamson 7. Proenza Schouler 8. Stella McCartney 9. Proenza Schouler 10. Cole Haan 11. Blue Nile 12. Aldo 13. Alice & Olivia 14. H & M
Have you voted today?
Trend Watch: Leather Skirts
As the mercury continues to drop, we find ourselves having to put away our summer lightweight summer skirts and dresses, seemingly banishing them in favor of heavier, more insulating fabrics. Luckily, this year designers have provided us with a winterized option. Leather skirts have popped up in a number of styles and colors, taking them out of the realm of biker bars and firmly planting them on our wishlists.
1. Lanvin 2. Alexander McQueen 3. Gucci 4. David Koma 5. Osman Yousefzada 6. Patrik Ervell 7. Organic by John Patrick 8. Yves Saint Laurent 9. Proenza Schouler 10. Chloe 11. Alaia 12. Sachin + Babi 13. The Row 14. Topshop 15. Versace 16. DKNY
Trend Watch: Knubby Cardigans
Some trends are purely aesthetic with little to no foundation in the necessities of real life, while others are more utilitarian in nature. This fall’s knubby cardigan trend is the happy medium between the two. Available in a slough of textures, patterns, and colors, there is a version out there for the most discerning shopper; meanwhile, the extra heavy weight means that these cold weather staples are sure to carry you well into winter.
1. A.F. Vandervorst 2. Missoni 3. Mauro Grifoni 4. See by Chloe 5. Malene Birger 6. Proenza Schouler 7. Michael Kors 8. Rag & Bone 9. Barbour 10. Madewell
Trend Watch: Varsity Jackets
Designers were not just reminiscing about prep school this fall, they were also remembering school sports. Varsity jackets, or variations of, were seen at Anna Sui, Alexander Wang, and Proenza Schouler. While some have given us more literal interpretations, others created varsity jackets in the abstract, borrowing elements from the iconic sportswear, but reinventing the look. This would be a good time to get out your old letter jacket and show off your past athletic achievements. Or, if your school didn’t give them to members of the debate team, check out some of these fashionable versions.
1. Anna Sui via The Cut 2. Madewell 3. IRO 4. Stella McCartney 5. JW Anderson for Topshop 6. Prabal Gurung 7. Marc by Marc Jacobs 8. Kris Van Assche 9. Golden Bear 10. Alexander Wang 11. Proenza Schouler via The Cut
Will you be rocking this old school favorite?
Trend Watch: Printed Silk Trousers
The pajama trend. The lounge pant trend. Call it what you will, printed silk pants are officially in this fall. Seen on the streets at both fall and spring fashion weeks this year, these bold-yet-comfy pants have proven that they have staying power. We love this trend as a way to liven up your fall wardrobe.