6 posts tagged Rag and Bone
Trend Watch: Beyond Basic Moto Jackets
Few articles of clothing have moved beyond the realm of trends to become a style staple. One of these chosen few is the moto jacket. However, trends can still exist within style staples and this season, thanks in large part to street style giants like Taylor Tomasi Hill, the classic moto jacket has gotten a bold new upgrade. Bright hues, technicolor prints, experimental volume, and scrolling embroidery make this season’s jackets the perfect statement pieces that will last from winter well into spring.
1. Yigal Azrouel 2. 3.1 Phillip Lim 3. Reiss 4. Belstaff 5. Current/Elliott 6. Rag & Bone 7. Rika Nova 8. Parker 9. Funktional 10. Just Cavalli 11. Ralph Lauren 12. Taylor Tomasi Hill via Harper’s Bazaar
Trend Watch: Knubby Cardigans
Some trends are purely aesthetic with little to no foundation in the necessities of real life, while others are more utilitarian in nature. This fall’s knubby cardigan trend is the happy medium between the two. Available in a slough of textures, patterns, and colors, there is a version out there for the most discerning shopper; meanwhile, the extra heavy weight means that these cold weather staples are sure to carry you well into winter.
1. A.F. Vandervorst 2. Missoni 3. Mauro Grifoni 4. See by Chloe 5. Malene Birger 6. Proenza Schouler 7. Michael Kors 8. Rag & Bone 9. Barbour 10. Madewell
Trend Watch: Metallics
Perhaps inspired by the Olympics, designers had their eyes on the gold (and silver and bronze, for that matter) when creating their fall collections. Shiny metallic pieces graced the runways at the likes of Ralph Lauren, Rag & Bone, and Dolce & Gabbana, to name a few. Not to mention the pantsuit at Marni that redefined “gilding the lily”. The trick to pulling off this trend is to buy your metallic treasures in luxe fabrics and tailored silhouettes to avoid looking cheap. Play dress-up in a mixed metallic brocade dress or, do as Anne-Catherine Frey did at Paris Fashion Week, and pair a golden skirt with a casual tee and booties. Either way, you’re sure to get a gold star.
1. Marni 2. Rag & Bone 3. Temperley London 4. Topshop 5. Rochas 6. Balenciaga 7. 3.1 Phillip Lim
Trend Watch: Turtlenecks
Once reserved solely for grandmothers, librarians, and teachers in holiday vests, the turtleneck has had a long way to climb to get back into our good sartorial graces. Dominating the fall 2012 runways, we saw turtlenecks under dresses and moto jackets at Rag & Bone, and over feminine skirts and dresses as Michael Kors. And who can forget the chin covering mesh turtlenecks at Alexander Wang? This is a bold trend for bundling up in the rapidly dropping temperatures while achieving a striking look in the process.
1. Alexander Wang 2. Versace 3. Helmut Lang 4. Tracy Reese 5. Erdem 6. Mulberry 7. DSquared2 8. Matthew Williamson 9. Rag & Bone 10. Schumacher 11. Joseph 12. Michael Kors
How will you be wearing your turtlenecks this fall?
Trend Watch: The Great Outdoors
With all of the shorts, cropped jackets, and summer dresses that have been prancing down runways the last three weeks, it’s easy to forget that cooler weather is one its way. Luckily, our darling loving designers thought ahead for us, and this fall trend can be described in one, surprising word: lumberjack. Typically the Paul Bunyan-type is the last style we’d think to emulate, but this season, with a wide range of padded coats trimmed in fur, mid-length plaid skirts, fair isle socks, and knubbly sweaters from designers like Michael Kors and Rodarte to choose from, we might just be persuaded.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs 2. Blonde & Blonde 3. Dorothy Perkins 4. Tory Burch 5. Rodarte 6. Spell 7. J Crew 8. Missoni 9. French Connection 10. Rocio 11. Michael Kors 12. Elizabeth and James 13. Ann Taylor 14. All Saints 15. Rag & Bone 16. socks - People Tree; boots - Sergio Rossi 17. Tommy Hilfiger
How would you wear this trend?
Round, squared or octangular, this season we will see a lot of bold sunglasses. Take off your wayfarers and make a statement with something new. A pair of different and oddly shaped sunglasses will make any outfit complete. Which pair would you wear?
1.Karen Walker 2.The Row 3.Thierry Lassy 4.Alexander Wang 5.Rag & Bone 6.Karen Walker 7.Lucia Puma 8.Asos 9.Henry Holland 10.Henry Holland 11.Asos 12.Vintage